Kiwa Licensing

We create trust
Note: Read more about the longer lead time for the handling of applications.

Licence transfer Part-FCL

To apply for a state transfer of a licence, you must hold an EASA Part-FCL Flight Crew Licence.

EASA Brexit Guidance Bulletin

On 31 January 2020, EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) published a "Brexit Guidance Bulletin". Considering what is stated in paragraph 7 "Conclusion", we will accept all applications for a licence transfer from the United Kingdom to the Netherlands, if submitted before the Brexit date. Even if processing the application and the issue of the licence will take place after the Brexit date.
The United Kingdom left the EU on 31 January 2020. The withdrawal agreement will be negotiated from this date on. There is a transition period until 31 December 2020 in which the EU regulations will continue to apply to the United Kingdom. The licences will therefore be valid after 31 January 2020. Whether the licences will also be valid after 31 December 2020, is part of the negotiations with the United Kingdom.


The fee for a first issue is applicable in the case of a state transfer of a licence that you haven’t held in the Netherlands before.
The renewal is applicable if you had a Dutch licence, transferred this licence to another EASA member state and want to transfer to the Netherlands again. You will be charged the renewal fee. (For example, you had a Dutch CPL, are now transferring an ATPL to the Netherlands, the fee of the first issue applies in this case).

Check the rates here. 

How to apply?

Start the SOLI procedure at the Competent Aviation Authority (CAA) in the country where you currently hold your licence. The SOLI procedure is to transfer your medical records to the Netherlands. Kiwa Register does not take part in this process. The medical department of the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT) is tasked with this part of the transfer.
To start the transfer of your pilot licence to the Netherlands (Kiwa Register), send an application with the following documents:
  • a filled-out application Part-FCL licence transfer form;
  • a copy of your EASA Part-FCL licence;
  • a copy of your EASA Part-MED medical certificate;
  • a copy of your passport. 


Use the application form to the right of this page to submit your application. After receiving your completed application, including the payment and all required attachments, we strive to process your application within seven days. Incomplete applications are not subject to processing within seven days. If your application is not complete, we will inform you regarding the missing documents and/or payment.

What happens next?

Kiwa Register requests your licence information from the relevant authority by means of a licence transfer form (hereafter: 155 document).
You have started the process of the transfer of your medical records (SOLI procedure) to the Netherlands. This is a process which takes place between ILT and the CAA of the EASA member state that you are transferring from. After this transfer is approved and completed, ILT reports to KIWA that there is no objection to issue your licence.
As soon as the 155 document and the approval of ILT regarding your medical records have been received by Kiwa Register, you will receive an invoice for the issue of the Dutch EU licence. After receiving your payment, we will issue your licence. Your licence will hold all the valid ratings as stated on the received 155 document.
As soon as your Dutch EASA licence is issued, you are requested to hand in your foreign licence (from the EASA member state that you transferred from) to Kiwa Register. We will send this licence to the relevant authority. If you have a correspondence address in the Netherlands, we will send your licence by regular mail. If you have a correspondence address in a foreign country, we will contact you about the mailing options. If you prefer, you can make arrangements for a courier to collect your licence from our office.

Please note

We cannot be held accountable for any aspect which is the responsibility of the authority the licence is transferred from. An application for a licence transfer can take time. If you make arrangements for a courier to collect your licence from our office, make sure to provide us with a shipping document.

If a licence has National privileges, then these privileges will not be transferred.

Dutch EU licence to convert to a foreign EU licence

To transfer your medical records, you must contact the medical department of the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT). You must contact the foreign authorities to transfer your Dutch EASA licence to the other EASA member state and submit a request there. The foreign authority sends a licence transfer request to Kiwa Register. Kiwa Register will fill out the 155 document and then send it back to the authority. As soon as the new EASA licence is issued, it is requested that you hand in the Dutch certificate to the foreign authorities, after which they will return it to Kiwa Register.

What else do I need to know?

We at Kiwa Register issue well over 100,000 licences to professionals (e.g., airline engineers, airline pilots, ship captains) and to companies (e.g., airlines, truck companies and shipping companies). We have a long history of issuing licences for the public sector. This results in broad knowledge and experience when it comes to (EU) law and regulations, verification of qualifications, production and customer support.
​Foreign holders of licences can also submit their application to us. We process and review Part-FCL licence applications in accordance with EASA standards. Our experienced staff will process your request within fifteen working days.