Kiwa Licensing

We create trust

CPL(H) - Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopters

The CPL(H) (Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopters) is a European licence with which you are qualified to:  

  • perform the competences of a holder of a PPL and a LAPL; 
  • act as a Pilot in Command (PIC) or a co-pilot on aircraft performing flight operations with the exception of commercial air transport;
  • act as a PIC during commercial transport of SP (Single Pilot) registered aircraft; 
  • act as a co-pilot during commercial transport by air, if the requirements have been met for recent experience (for example, having performed 3 starts and landings within the 90 previous days). 


To be eligible for a CPL(H) you have to meet the following conditions:  

  • be at least 18 years old; 
  • have received and finished theory training and flight instruction in accordance with Appendix 3 of Part-FCL at an ATO (Approved Training Organisation), which has been certified by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate; 
  • have successfully taken theory exams in thirteen different fields of knowledge; 
  • have taken a skill test to act as a PIC in the relevant class and to perform relevant procedures and manoeuvres with a degree of competence fitting the licences issued; 
  • be in possession of a medical certificate class 1. 

These conditions are based on EU regulation 1178/2011, dated November 3, 2011, Part-FCL, Subpart D, CPL. 


Use the application form on the right side of this page to submit your application. After receiving your complete application, including the payment and all required attachments, we strive to process your application within seven days. Incomplete applications are not subject to the seven of process. If your application is not complete we will inform you regarding the missing documents and/or payment.


Check the rates for the fee.

What else do I need to know?

We at Kiwa Register issue well over 100.000 licences to professionals (e.g. airline engineers, airline pilots, ship captains) and to companies (e.g. airlines, truck companies and shipping companies). 

We have a long history of issuing licences for the public sector. This results in a broad knowledge and experience when it comes to (EU) law and regulations, qualifications verification, production and customer support.

We process and review Part-FCL licence applications in accordance with EASA standards. Our experienced staff will process your request within seven days.

Foreign holders of licences can also submit their application to us. Consult the table below to ensure that we can process your application. 

Can you submit an application?

First issue  
Nationality country not applicable
Resident country not applicable
Licence holder or EASA qualifications:  
Qualifications obtained in EASA Member State (ATO organisation for FCL)  applicable
Part-FCL Approved Training Organisations under EASA oversight not applicable
Verification application  
Verification identity applicant applicable
Qualifications obtained in an EASA member state (ATO organisation for FCL) applicable
Part-FCL Approved Training Organisations under EASA oversight not applicable